Reasons to modify a Shipping Container instead of building:
- made from high-quality steel and are designed to withstand the harsh conditions of long-distance shipping. They are strong and weather-resistant, making them suitable for a range of applications.
- highly customisable and can be modified to suit a wide range of applications, from homes and offices to pop-up shops and storage units.
- widely available around the world, making them easy to source and transport to different locations.
- cost-effective alternative to building a traditional structure from scratch, as the base structure is already in place.
- an eco-friendly alternative to traditional construction, as it reduces waste and minimises the need for new materials.
- designed to be transported by truck, train, or ship, making them easy to move to different locations as needed.
- highly secure, with strong locks and sturdy walls that make them difficult to break into.
These factors have contributed to the popularity of Shipping Containers as a versatile and practical building material.
They offer a range of benefits over traditional construction methods, making them an attractive option for a variety of applications, such as;
- Workshops - for a variety of uses, from artist studios and craft spaces to small-scale manufacturing facilities.
- Storage units - used as secure and weather-resistant storage units for a variety of items, from tools and equipment to household goods and furniture.
- Office Space – add features such as insulation, air conditioning, and electrical systems added to create a comfortable working environment.
- Shelters - often used as emergency shelters in disaster zones, with features such as insulation, ventilation, and lighting added to create a safe and comfortable living space.
- Homes – transformed a container into beautiful and unique home, with custom designs and layouts that include living spaces, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
Overall, modifying a Shipping Container can offer a range of benefits, from additional space to cost savings and environmental sustainability.