What are Refrigerated Shipping Containers used/ good for?
There are a variety of uses for refrigerated shipping containers in commercial industries or for commercial shipping.
- Transport of Food Goods – Many of the items you find in grocery stores or specialty food stores are shipped to their respective stores in refrigerated containers. They are the most practical way to safely transport meats, cheeses, dairy, seafood, fruits, flowers, vegetables and other foods.
- Storage of Food Goods – Food stores, grocery story and restaurants may have a need for refrigerated shipping containers during busy or peak seasons. When they need extra storage because they need to keep extra products because they are expecting an increase in sales, they can use general purpose refrigerated containers. Using a 20’ general purpose shipping container can help a business save money on having to expand the store or construct permanent cold storage room. And when peak season ends and your product needs return to normal, you can simply power down your refrigerated container and save energy costs.
Can I hire or buy a Refrigerated Shipping Containers?
At Container Traders, you can purchase or hire a refrigerated shipping container in a variety of sizes and variations. The refrigerated shipping containers available are listed below:
Used Refrigerated Shipping Containers:
New Refrigerated Shipping Containers:
Hire Refrigerated Shipping Containers:
Where can I hire or buy a Refrigerated Shipping Containers?
All of Container Traders’ shipping containers are shipped Australia wide, covering all the major capital cities such as Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Melbourne, Canberra, Central Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Wollongong, and Coffs Harbour. If you would like an instant quote, fill in the ‘Instant Quote’ form provided above, or give our friendly team a call at 1300 89 89 70. Container Traders is your best bet!
What is a Refrigerated Shipping Container or Reefer Container?
Commonly known as reefers or Reefer containers, refrigerated containers were originally designed to ship temperature regulated items across long distances on ships or by rail. Reefers are designed to maintain high and low temperatures for the safe and hygienic storage of the containers content, which is why many of the items you find in grocery stores or specialty food stores are shipped to their respective stores in refrigerated containers. In addition to being used for large companies and grocery stores, refrigerated containers are becoming more and more popular with small businesses, because of how convenient and practical they are, in a variety of situations. They are the most practical way to safely transport meats, cheeses, dairy, seafood, fruits, flowers, vegetables and other foods.
Container Traders offers the most technologically advanced fully featured refrigerated containers on the market. Our refrigerated containers will provide you with precise temperature control – designed to have an operating temperature of -20 to +20 degrees Celsius. They are also produced with 75mm polyurethane foam insulation covered with a steel external shell. The inside walls are lined with stainless steel, and also have an aluminium T Bar floor, for hygienic wash outs, and efficient air flow during storage.
- Initial 18amp when powered up – and will continue to use 8amp while running
- Great storage for food industry
- 3 Phase Power – also have Single Phase Units
- Have an operating temperature of -20 to +20 degrees Celsius
- Inside walls are lined with stainless
- Corrosion resistant muffler grade stainless steel exterior
Different Variations of Refrigerated General Purpose Shipping Containers
At Container Traders, we feel it is important for you as our client to understand what quality and different type of variations in the industry of shipping containers are fit for your purpose. The different variations of refrigerated shipping containers that we offer at Container Traders are provided below;
- Refrigerated General Purpose Shipping Containers
- Refrigerated High Cube Shipping Containers
- Refrigerated Non Operational Shipping Containers
- Refrigerated Non Operational High Cube Shipping Containers
What sizes and conditions do Refrigerated Shipping Containers come in?
Refrigerated Shipping Containers – Size Dimensions
|Shipping Container Dimensions for Refrigerated ||Dimensions & Sizes in Feet and Metres (ft. & m)
|Shipping Containers Sizes ||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)
|External Dimensions for Refrgierated Container
|Length External|| 20 ft (6.056 m)|| 40 ft (12.192 m)
|Width External|| 8 ft (2.438 m)|| 8 ft (2.438 m)
|Height External|| 8.5 ft (2.592 m)||9.5 ft (2.898 m)
|Internal Dimensions for Refrigerated Container
|Length Internal|| 17.8 ft (5.430 m)|| 37.7 ft (11.490 m)
|Width Internal|| 7.5 ft (2.280 m)|| 7.5 ft (2.280 m)
|Height Internal|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.598 m)
|Weight of Refrigerated Shipping Container
|Mass Gross Weight||22,111 kg||26,120 kg
|Shipping Containers Available:||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)