What sizes and conditions do Open Top Shipping Containers come in?
Open Top Shipping Containers – Size Dimensions
|Shipping Container Dimensions for Open Top||Dimensions & Sizes in Feet and Metres (ft. & m)
|Shipping Containers Sizes ||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)
|External Dimensions for Open Top Container
|Length External|| 20 ft (6.056 m)|| 40 ft (12.192m)
|Width External||8 ft (2.438 m)|| 8 ft (2.438 m)
|Height External|| 8.5 ft (2.592 m)|| 9.5 ft (2.898 m)
|Internal Dimensions for Open Top Container
|Length Internal|| 19.4 ft (5.902 m)|| 39.5 ft (12.036 m)
|Width Internal|| 7.7 ft (2.352 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.352 m)
|Height Internal|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)
|Weight of Open Top Shipping Container
|Mass Gross Weight||30,480 kg||32,500 kg
|Shipping Containers Available:||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)
What are Open Top Shipping Containers used/ good for?
There are a variety of uses for open top shipping containers in commercial industries or for commercial shipping.
- Storage of Goods – There are many industries that use Open Top Shipping Containers as their primary storage solution. However an Open Top container is a popular choice for Australia’s mining industry. They are the perfect storage option for materials which can’t be put in the container via the double opening doors, and are easily removable on any site by truck or forklift should the unit need to be shuffled around after loading.
- Transporting Goods – Another popular use of an Open Top Container is to transport parts or machinery via rail transport or on a ship overseas. When you are transporting your goods interstate, or across the sea it’s a priority to keep your costs to the minimum, which is why using an Open Top container would prove a cost effective and durable option for the relocation of whatever product or part it is that you need moved!
- Pools – In recent years, pools are being built using open top containers by many of our creative and inspired clients. Container Traders can supply your Open Top Shipping Container for any purpose you need.
Can I hire or buy a Open Top Shipping Containers?
At Container Traders, you can purchase or hire an open top shipping container in a variety of sizes and variations. The open top shipping containers available are listed below.
Used Open Top Shipping Containers:
New Open Top Shipping Containers:
Where can I hire or buy a Open Top Shipping Containers?
All of Container Traders’ shipping containers are shipped Australia wide, covering all the major capital cities such as Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Melbourne, Canberra, Central Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Wollongong, and Coffs Harbour. If you would like an instant quote, fill in the ‘Instant Quote’ form provided above, or give our friendly team a call at 1300 89 89 70. Container Traders is your best bet!
What is an Open Top Shipping Container?
An Open Top shipping container is a shipping container without a steel roof, primarily used for transportation of odd shaped machinery, goods or the loading of specific parts/ materials which need to be loaded with a crane.
Open top Shipping Containers are a specialized type of Container, manufactured with ridged steel and usually have timber floors. An Open Top features are different to your standardized Shipping Containers. The roof is made from tarpaulin and is 100% removable. The tarp is supported with removable steel roof bows that run across the width of the container in addition to a removable door header (which is located at the double doors end). The door header can be hinged or removable dependent upon the shipping containers original manufacture. An Open top unit make for easy access via larger forklifts or cranes (loading and unloading).
Container Traders guarantee all of our supplied Open Top units to be of a Cargo Worthy condition at a minimum (unless specified otherwise of course). A Cargo Worthy Open Top container will be checked by our professional production team to ensure the unit meets the criteria of: wind tight, water tight, vermin proof, structurally sound, lockable, with operational double container doors. It will essentially be in sea worthy condition.
- 100% reusable
- Constructed from corton steel, with 30mm marine ply timber flooring
- Capacity to carry over 30,000kg of materials
- Equipped with double doors as standard that open to a full 270°
- Heavy duty, weather resistant, secure and tough
- Removable Tarpaulin roof
- Container Traders guarantee all of our supplied Open Top units to be of a Cargo Worthy condition at a minimum
Different Variations of Open Top Shipping Containers
At Container Traders, we feel it is important for you as our client to understand what quality and different type of variations in the industry of shipping containers are fit for your purpose. The different variations of open top shipping containers that we offer at Container Traders are provided below;
- Open Top Shipping Containers
- Hard Top Open Top Shipping Containers
- Soft Open Top Shipping Containers