What sizes and conditions do General Purpose Shipping Containers come in?
General Purpose Shipping Containers – Size Dimensions
|Shipping Container Dimensions for General Purpose ||Dimensions & Sizes in Feet and Meters (ft. & m)
|Shipping Containers Sizes ||10 ft (3 m)||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)
|External Dimensions for General Purpose Container
|Length External||10 ft (3 m)||20 ft (6.056 m)|| 40 ft (12.192 m)
|Width External|| 8 ft (2.438 m)|| 8 ft (2.438 m)|| 8 ft (2.438 m)
|Height External|| 8.5 ft (2.592 m)|| 8.5 ft (2.592 m)|| 8.5 ft (2.592 m)
|Internal Dimensions for General Purpose Container
|Length Internal|| 9.8 ft (2.84 m)|| 19.4 ft (5.902 m)|| 39.5 ft (12.036 m)
|Width Internal|| 7.7 ft (2.352 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.352 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.352 m)
|Height Internal|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)|| 7.7 ft (2.348 m)
|Weight of General Purpose Shipping Container
|Mass Gross Weight||10,160kg||30,480 kg||32,500 kg
|Shipping Containers Available:||10 ft (3 m)||20 ft (6 m)||40 ft (12 m)
What are General Purpose Shipping Containers used/ good for?
There are a variety of uses for general purpose shipping containers in commercial industries or for commercial shipping.
- Storage of Goods/ On location Office – Because of their strength and durability, general purpose shipping containers are often used to store materials during a building construction or they are used as temporary office space during a job that requires being on location for a long period of time.
- Transporting Goods – General Purpose shipping containers are so easy to transport and move around that many commercial companies and businesses will purchase them and use them for a wide variety of projects and jobs over the years.
- Container Home – Given that Container Traders offers a variety of customisations and modifications, many customers purchase general purpose shipping containers as an alternative to traditional living options, and repurpose them into exquisitely functioning homes.
Can I hire or buy a General Purpose Shipping Containers?
At Container Traders, you can purchase or hire a general purpose shipping container in a variety of sizes and variations. The general purpose shipping containers available are listed below.
Used General Purpose Shipping Container:
New General Purpose Shipping Container:
Hire General Purpose Shipping Container:
Where can I hire or buy a General Purpose Shipping Container?
All of Container Traders’ shipping containers are shipped Australia wide, covering all the major capital cities such as Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Melbourne, Canberra, Central Coast, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Wollongong, and Coffs Harbour. If you would like an instant quote, fill in the ‘Instant Quote’ form provided above, or give our friendly team a call at 1300 89 89 70. Container Traders is your best bet!
What is a General Purpose Shipping Container (miscellaneous goods containers)?
A general purpose shipping container is Australia’s main choice for domestic storage as they are durable, built to last a lifetime and cost-effective.
They were initially created to help make transportation of large cargo items by land and sea easier, however today, they are used for a variety of reasons and have become one of the most versatile shipping and moving tool available for individuals and businesses.
Other Names given to General Purpose Shipping Containers
Around the country and world the name given to your standard shipping container can vary so its easy to be confused that there these other types when in fact everyone talking about the same type of shipping container. So here is a small list of alternative name for General Purpose shipping Containers; Standard, miscellaneous goods, general goods, sea container or simply a shipping container.
Why are GP shipping Containers so Popular
One of the reasons so many people and businesses utilise general purpose shipping containers for their shipping and storage is because they are extremely resilient.
GP shipping containers built tough
Our general purpose shipping containers are constructed from corton steel, and with 30mm marine ply timber flooring. They have an empty weight starting from 2500kg, and have a capacity to carry over 30,000kg of materials. Therefore these containers were manufactured to withstand the toughest of weather, the bumpiest transportation and the longest of journeys. They are capable of handling all your long-term storage and shipping needs, extremely convenient, easy to use, and are re-usable for any project, shipment or move over and over again. In short, they are built to last through anything, and Container Traders offers exceptional general purpose shipping containers that guarantees high quality, and the protection and safety of your shipping or storage goods.
GP shipping containers Features:
- 100% reusable
- Constructed from corton steel, with 30mm marine ply timber flooring
- Capacity to carry over 30,000kg of materials
- Equipped with double doors as standard that open to a full 270°
- Heavy duty, weather resistant, secure and tough
- Multiple colours in stock
- Vermin Proof
Different Variations of General Purpose Shipping Containers
At Container Traders, we feel it is important for you as our client to understand what quality and different type of variations in the industry of shipping containers are fit for your purpose. The different variations of general purpose shipping containers that we offer at Container Traders are provided below;
- Standard general purpose or miscellaneous goods shipping containers
- Refrigerated general purpose shipping containers
- Side open general purpose shipping containers
- Double door general purpose shipping containers