Mobile and functional workspace
Workshops are a necessity in many scenarios; such as your home where you need additional space for your hobby home business. Alternatively your business focuses on delivering quality products which your staff assembles. Or perhaps you need an office on a building site. For any of these options a prime requirement is space in which one can work comfortably. Building a workshop is expensive though. A more affordable option is the customisation of a shipping container and having all the necessary features installed to carry out your tasks. Are you ready to make a container into a tailored mobile workshop for yourself, your home business or your company?
When and where do you need it?
A benefit of using a container is you can create a mobile workshop. By fitting it on a chassis during customisation, your workshop can be transported wherever your home business or company needs it. This is ideal if your workshop is used on a building site where you need to move to a different location when a project is finished. You won’t have unnecessary expenses to build a new workshop at each new location.
What do you need installed?
A simple steel cube can be transformed via customisation. Add any of these aspects to your design to get the most out of using your mobile workshop:
- Look: You can transform the look of your container by painting inside and outside and even fixing your logo to the exterior. This means you obtain portable marketing, because your tailored workshop will advertise your company or home business wherever it’s moved to.
- Doors and windows: Plan your workshop’s entrances so you have easy access and enough doors if there’s going to be a lot of traffic in the form of staff or clients moving in & out. Windows serve in giving natural light as well as insulation to keep the unit at a comfortable temperature.
- Ventilation: For a comfortable interior you need air ventilation or even air conditioning units to create heated or cold air. These can easily be installed by cutting holes and installing the units.
- Ramps: A container has an eight inch lip around the edge which needs to be navigated when entering or exiting. Make it easy for staff carrying heavy objects by having a portable ramp ready. You’ll have less accidents and traffic will move easier.
- Shelving: The strong steel structure is flexible in what it can be turned into. Its sturdy walls are perfect to fix shelves to for all your tools and machinery.
- Tables: You need work surfaces for all your projects. In a container you have enough floor space to install the ideal workbench for your requirements. Two containers can even be connected if more space is required.
- Electrical: For adequate lighting as well as sockets for electrical appliances, power can easily be connected to this kind of mobile workshop.
- Storage space: Containers are high enough for you to plan additional storage space near the top. As long as these racks or lofts don’t interfere with your air conditioning structure you can easily store tools and products out of the way so your work area is kept neat.
What kind of workshop do you need?
You can use a mobile workshop in so many industries. Can your current setup benefit from customisation of a container?
- Tool store: Perhaps you only need secure space to put away tools. This makes the rest of the space on your premises flexible to be used for other necessary tasks. A container is secure enough to keep all content safe and large enough even for big implements or forklifts
- Workshop: An airtight container with enough space to install a big workbench is the ideal space to serve as a workshop. You and your staff will be protected from wind and rain and all necessary features can be installed to make your work easy.
How is a container workshop the better option?
It’s an ideal option to implement a container as a workshop. This is why:
- Portable: your building site’s workshop can be moved to anywhere its tools and interior is needed.
- Affordable: Instead of building many workshops, customising a container is a once-off expense which won’t be excessive in terms of all you’re able to get out of the unit.
- Tailored: Your every requirement can be met by planning your container workshop efficiently. Make your work area ideal!
So the question is, when are you getting yours?